Sr. Account Manager
Founded in 2011, Percolate was built by marketers for marketers. It was originally founded to help brands grow in a world transformed by social and mobile technology and was one of the first Social Media Management Systems (SMMS) in the market. In 2015, the founders recognized that the opportunity to help marketers create compelling experiences was much bigger than just social media and started building what has become the leading content marketing platform (CMP)--recognized as the category leader by Gartner, Forrester and Sirius Decisions.
Today Percolate serves over 600 brands and some of the world’s largest brands — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their content development, curation and delivery processes, so that they can create compelling customer experience and better understand what content works best. Finally, Percolate’s CMP capability is truly unique in the marketplace and adds critical functionality to established marketing clouds (e.g., SAP, Oracle, IBM, Salesforce and Adobe). We are making traction with establishing strategic partnerships with several of these and other ecosystem partners, which should portend future strategic options.
The Account Management organization is responsible for all aspects of client relationship management, business value realization, and continued solution adoption. Account Managers work cross functionally with Account Executives (sales), Professional Services, Customer Success and Solutions Consulting to meet the needs of customers, renew existing accounts, and expand the Percolate platform across the customer’s organization. Our customer base continues to expand, and we are looking for an Account Manager to join our growing team.
This role will report directly into the Head of Account Management. Success metrics include product adoption, contract renewal attainment, and overall growth of the portfolio. Ideal candidates will be innovative, action-oriented, and results driven when partnering with executives at enterprise customers.
- 6+ years of relevant account management experience
- Proven track record of exceeding quota via renewals and expansion sales
- Experience with consultative sales process, SaaS (ideally MarTech) and working with leading Enterprise organizations and their software deployments
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, content marketing, marketing project management, marketing analytics and agency dynamics
- Ability to build relationships with senior executives, ideally in marketing and IT management, managing top-down, bottom-up relationships within your customer accounts, and applying formal strategic account planning and sales methodologies
- Preparing and negotiating renewals, rightsizing existing contracts based on usage and revised pricing models, and legal/procurement negotiations experience
- Communicating with customers about complex ideas and transformative concepts that will benefit them, including C-Level presentation experience
- Identifying business challenges and shape solutions that fit the Percolate platform vision
- Thinking on your feet and staying calm under pressure
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and proactive individual, with history of achieving goals and exceptional client service
- Strong customer references
- Complete ownership for customer renewals
- Identify and put together strategic account plans that map out expansion and other upsell opportunities
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted renewals and expansions to meet quota objectives
- Be customer’s primary day-to-day point-of-contact and quarterback customer’s needs and requirements.
- Develop and manage the delivery of regular Executive Business Reviews (EBRs) to ensure mutually agreed upon business objectives are being achieved, customer is clear on the value being delivered and a clear path of growth is established for the partnership
- Manage the customer relationship across all levels: executive, stakeholders and users
- Work with Account Executive (if assigned to customer) to identify and engage new business opportunities in other divisions/regions of given customer
- Leverage Percolate’s Services Teams to increase usage, drive product adoption, and optimize current investment, while identifying opportunities for expanded use and possible integrations into the customer’s process and existing marketing technology
- Work in close collaboration with Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Product, Support and Services teams to resolve issues and improve overall customer satisfaction in assigned customer accounts
- Maintain working knowledge of the complete capabilities of Percolate services and of Percolate internal operational processes