New York OR San Francisco
Percolate is The System of Record for Marketing®. With offices in NYC, SF, and London, Percolate provides the world’s most complex marketing organizations the visibility, coordination, and governance they need to successfully execute their marketing strategy. Over 800 brands including GE, Unilever, Mastercard, Land O’Lakes, and Cisco trust Percolate to drive brand and revenue growth.
We are looking for an experienced software architect to help take our platform to the next level. Percolate’s platform sits at the intersection of many different tools and processes that help unlock the potential of marketers by powering their operations. As an architect in our platform team, you will be instrumental in developing and executing the technical strategy for our API product, working across many departments of the company to identify opportunities and needs, set technical strategy, and implement it. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dive deep into our existing architecture, understand where customers derive value today, and help us scale out our API and Integrations platform.
The Backend Architect position requires experience in defining systems architecture and processes to provide an excellent API experience for our enterprise customers as well as system integration partners. Data modeling and API design are key requirements as well. Knowledge of the Martech stack and various BI systems is a nice to have.
This position is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role. Immediate challenges for the position are evaluation of our data model and how it can serve integrations better, API planning and change process management, developer evangelism, API security, scaling, and reliability.
- 10+ years as a software engineer/architect.
- Deep understanding of modern web and cloud system architecture (REST, microservices, cloud computing).
- Strong bias towards continuous integration and deployment (CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Able to work effectively across many different teams including Product, Services, Sales, Support.
- Focus on application metrics, performance, monitoring, intelligence.
- Experience with agile development processes.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Great attitude about making systems better, with an eye towards preserving stability and uptime.
- Define and execute the next generation of our API platform architecture.
- Plan and develop an API maturity strategy that enables Integrations to be more seamless between our product and customer use cases.
- Define processes for API changes (documentation, sandboxes, security, access, etc.) to minimize customer disruption and faster onboarding.
- Further develop instrumentation and monitoring for our backend architecture.
- Lead and mentor engineers across teams to provide better API development.
- Set standards for development process across Engineering to reduce time to market and retain high quality.
- Write and review code.
- Evaluate technical products from 3rd parties to determine best practices and cost-efficient delivery of software.