Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of a new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
We are looking for an experienced software architect to help take our platform to the next level. Percolate’s platform sits at the intersection of many different tools and processes that help unlock the potential of marketers by powering their operations. As an architect in our platform team, you will be instrumental in developing and executing the technical strategy for our API product, working across many departments of the company to identify opportunities and needs, set technical strategy, and implement it. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dive deep into our existing architecture, understand where customers derive value today, and help us scale out our API and Integrations platform.
The Backend Architect position requires experience in defining systems architecture and processes to provide an excellent API experience for our enterprise customers as well as system integration partners. Data modeling and API design are key requirements as well. Knowledge of the Martech stack and various BI systems is a nice to have.
This position is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role. Immediate challenges for the position are evaluation of our data model and how it can serve integrations better, API planning and change process management, developer evangelism, API security, scaling, and reliability.
- 10+ years as a software engineer/architect.
- Deep understanding of modern web and cloud system architecture (REST, microservices, cloud computing).
- Strong bias towards continuous integration and deployment (CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Able to work effectively across many different teams including Product, Services, Sales, Support.
- Focus on application metrics, performance, monitoring, intelligence.
- Experience with agile development processes.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Great attitude about making systems better, with an eye towards preserving stability and uptime.
- Define and execute the next generation of our API platform architecture.
- Plan and develop an API maturity strategy that enables Integrations to be more seamless between our product and customer use cases.
- Define processes for API changes (documentation, sandboxes, security, access, etc.) to minimize customer disruption and faster onboarding.
- Further develop instrumentation and monitoring for our backend architecture.
- Lead and mentor engineers across teams to provide better API development.
- Set standards for development process across Engineering to reduce time to market and retain high quality.
- Write and review code.
- Evaluate technical products from 3rd parties to determine best practices and cost-efficient delivery of software.