Senior Backend Engineer
New York or Denver or San Francisco
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of a new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
Engineering at Percolate
- We care about quality engineering. Take the time to do it right, the first time.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- We care about our people. You’ll find a healthy, professional work environment, where you can rely on your teammates to help you out, pick you up when you fall, and give you a “win” when you’ve done something awesome.
- We care about realistic goal setting and a focus on constant improvement. If you’re not getting better over time, you’re not reaching your potential.
- Our team has people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles — we aim to be a place for anyone to contribute and be supported.
- We are Remote Friendly - Percolate Engineering is a distributed team spread across 5 timezones.
- Fluent in Python and/or Go
- Hands-on experience with either SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) or NoSQL technologies (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra).
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Work collaboratively and across teams to design features for Percolate’s core application
- Implement features with modular, testable code written in either Python or Go while taking advantage of SQL (PG/MySQL), NoSQL (DynamoDB/Redis), and search technologies (ES).
- Promote best practices and healthy code by example and through code reviews
- Work with product managers and front end engineers to define project requirements