Senior DevOps Engineer
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of a new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
Engineering at Percolate
- We care about quality engineering. Take the time to do it right, the first time.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- We care about our people. You’ll find a healthy, professional work environment, where you can rely on your teammates to help you out, pick you up when you fall, and give you a “win” when you’ve done something awesome.
- We care about realistic goal setting and a focus on constant improvement. If you’re not getting better over time, you’re not reaching your potential.
- Our team has people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles — we aim to be a place for anyone to contribute and be supported.
- We are Remote Friendly - Percolate Engineering is a distributed team spread across 5 time zones.
- 5+ years in a similar software engineering role
- Python or similar experience
- Experience and knowledge working with AWS and services or similar cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Experience with container-based deployments and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift)
- Strong infrastructure automation management and provisioning experience (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Salt)
- Comfortable operating in a GNU/Linux or *BSD environment
- Fundamental understanding of Git, GitHub, and CI/CD pipeline tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Provision, manage and monitor multiple environments using reliable, repeatable automation and tooling
- Build and maintain custom and open source tooling
- Work collaboratively across the Engineering and Product teams to increase engineer efficiency, productivity, and happiness by enabling quick and reliable deployments
- Help promote a collaborative culture to improve internal practices and processes across teams and products e.g.
- Participate and be able to lead on-call responses
- Improve how we define, monitor and respond to issue and alerts
- Securely manage and access secrets and credentials
- Mentor and coach other Engineers to both onboard and contribute to shared tooling
- Stay informed of emerging technologies and trends and be thoughtful in how we implement across our stack