Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of a new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
Engineering at Percolate
- We care about quality engineering. Take the time to do it right, the first time.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- We care about our people. You’ll find a healthy, professional work environment, where you can rely on your teammates to help you out, pick you up when you fall, and give you a “win” when you’ve done something awesome.
- We care about realistic goal setting and a focus on constant improvement. If you’re not getting better over time, you’re not reaching your potential.
- Our team has people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles — we aim to be a place for anyone to contribute and be supported.
- We are Remote Friendly - Percolate Engineering is a distributed team spread across 5 time zones.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering management and leadership role
- 5+ years in a relevant software engineering role as an individual contributor
- Experience and knowledge working with AWS and services or similar cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Experience with container-based deployments and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift)
- Infrastructure automation management and provisioning experience (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Salt)
- Comfortable operating in a GNU/Linux or *BSD environment
- Fundamental understanding of Git, GitHub, and CI/CD pipeline tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and directly manage a distributed team of approximately 6 engineers
- Own both the overall technical direction and implementation of your team
- Hire, scale and unblock the DevOps team to meet all current and anticipated challenges
- Coach and mentor engineers and other managers to be more effective and successful
- professional growth and development activities
- performance evaluations
- Work collaboratively across the Engineering and Product teams to increase engineer efficiency, productivity, and happiness by enabling quick and reliable deployments
- Enable the team to provision, manage and monitor across environments using reliable, repeatable automation and tooling
- Work with other Engineering managers to define and promote end-to-end ownership of services:
- Establish and lead the on-call response
- Improve how we define, monitor and respond to issue and alerts
- Securely manage and access secrets and credentials
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends and be able to report on their fitness for meeting business needs