Head of Marketing
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of a new categories of marketing technology. It was a recognized leader in the Social Media Management (SMMS) category. Today, it is the only consensus leader in the Content Marketing Platform (CMP) category--a growing space with a $4+ billion addressable market--recognized by key analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including Unite Airlines, Cisco, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to address one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
We are looking for a unique individual who, as the Head of Marketing, can help us develop a distinct voice and story that speaks to our target audience as well as the media, analysts and key influencers, in order to elevate our position in the marketplace. This starts with creating a master narrative inspired by our vision & mission and speaks to our ideal customers (ICPs) in an authentic way.
As the Head of Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO, and be responsible for leading Percolate’s marketing strategy, thought leadership agenda, growth marketing (demand gen/ABM), field marketing and communication (PR & Social) efforts. The ideal candidate will be a proven B2B software/SaaS tech marketing leader with a track record of working with enterprise sales teams to create compelling programs and campaigns that help accelerate sales cycles. This role demands someone who is able to balance both the art and science of marketing to deliver business results, does not shy away from being bold, can react quickly to an ever-changing reality and who seeks to be an evangelist for the company and our vision for changing how marketing is done today.
- Work with the CEO to establish corporate messaging, positioning and thought leadership agenda that extends our leadership position in a TBD category and creates meaningful separation from the competition.
- Translate this marketing strategy into inspiring marketing communications and a refreshed brand strategy.
- Participate as a business leader on the executive team helping to define overall corporate strategy, operating plans and budget. This will include preparing and participating in board meetings as appropriate.
- Revenue Generation
- Work in close conjunction with the Sales organization to develop a deep understanding of our ICP (Ideal Customer Profile) and translate this into key messaging points around value and differentiation. This includes adapting specific targeting strategies to the needs of different verticals and regions.
- Develop strategy and then execute demand generation campaigns, lead cultivation, events and customer database mining/marketing to build pipeline and brand awareness in line with yearly operating targets.
- Manage the execution of a successful global event strategy across owned and industry events to create distinctive experiences that help reinforce our leadership position in the market, build sales pipeline and celebrate our customers
- Develop a partner marketing program that helps to build out channel revenue
- Build and manage the marketing budget and programs aligned with revenue generation expectations of a high-growth enterprise-focused tech company.
- Oversee all marketing operations including building out the marketing team, metrics, and forecasting.
- Lead and coach a geographically dispersed team to execute production schedules, creative development, and cross-functional program management.
- Lead the team to coordinate account-based marketing plays to drive new sales, influence key decision makers and facilitate expansions over time.
- Manage vendors, agencies, and partners as appropriate and within established budget.
- Coordinate program and post-campaign reporting, ROI tracking and wrap-up reports.
- Community Leadership
- Speak externally to analysts, customers, trade journalists and at conferences on the future of marketing and how Percolate is destined to redefine how marketing is done.
- Oversee the development of customer marketing strategy such that we build a community of advocates and evangelists who amplify our story in the market, act as references in our sales motion, and lobby for us within their organizations to expand our footprint.
- 15+ years experience with increasing responsibilities and breadth of experiences across integrated marketing disciplines, including marketing strategy, branding, strategic positioning, digital marketing/demand gen, media relations, and product marketing.
- 10+ years experience in enterprise software with SaaS or Cloud Infrastructure preferred.
- 5+ years C-level marketing experience at software/SaaS company with at least $50M ARR (ideally stage C or later).
- College Degree Required (Liberal Arts Undergrad Degree & MBA preferred)
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communications skills
- Deep experience with CRM and Marketing Technologies (e.g., ABM, Demand Gen) to produce executive reporting on the business and brand impact tied to marketing, communications and GTM execution
- Occasional travel required (1 week every other month)