Senior Manager, Strategic Finance
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of a new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Finance will report to directly to the Chief Finance Officer.
In this capacity you lead our forecast and planning efforts across the company as well as all analytics and reporting. You seek out opportunities to drive topline value and operating leverage.
In this role you will be expected to collaborate in a proactive and positive way with your finance colleagues to partner with stakeholders. Your central focus will be to help Pivotal achieve its financial and business goals by delivering insights and recommendations around strategic and operational decisions.
The Sr. Manager will be tasked with ensuring the forecasts are in order, including planning, producing the budget and periodic forecasting to aid the executive team in decision making. Partnering with various departments within Percolate, the Sr. Manager will use data to advise department leaders on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both internally & externally.
- Nuts and bolts financial planning:
- Build, lead and manage the annual budget planning process
- Design and manage the corporate model – orders, revenue, expenses, accruals, etc., including a full GAAP P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Track and publish key SaaS metrics and compare to industry benchmarks
- Working with the controller, track plan v. actuals
- Prepare reporting packages, data and slides for management, board and investor meetings
- Help achieve budget control as a participant in the spending / accountability flow
- Assist in calculation of commissions and bonuses
- Play a strategic role in building the company:
- Drive consistency of data used across the company and automation of data collection
- Help refine key metrics tracking progress on the corporate operating plan, and design clear methods for displaying metrics data to management, the Board and the company at large
- Learn the business and become an intelligent, not just financial, voice in strategic decisions (trust yourself enough to know that if something doesn’t make sense to you, chances are it probably doesn’t make sense)
- Build strong relationships throughout the Company so that you become the go-to person for financial and other advanced analyses
- Help shine a light on our success and resolve roadblocks by refining, redesigning, reinventing and analyzing key success metrics of the company at various levels
- Provide decision support to the company through creation of decision tools, models, and ad-hoc analysis
- Hire and train a team as the company grows.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills with experience in client-facing roles
- Expert-level excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience in a SaaS or other ***-as-a-Service, enterprise software or internet company, start up and/or public
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and implementation in excel-based financial models
- At least 8 years of work experience in a combination of corporate finance/development, investment banking, or consulting
- B.A. or B.S., MBA, CPA or CFA are a plus
- M&A modeling and transactional experience is a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce.com, SaasOptics, Xactly and Host Analytics is a plus.