Senior Product Manager - API
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including MasterCard, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
Percolate’s public API helps customers and partners bridge the gap within the marketing technology ecosystem. From sharing collaboration information to leveraging financial data to make investment decisions, the Percolate API is the gateway to better marketing execution. The API Product Manager will be the foundation of the Percolate API team that will continue to deliver our market leading public APIs.
As a Senior Product Manager at Percolate, you will be responsible for driving vision, strategy, design and execution of API products to achieve product-market fit. In this role you are responsible for defining API product roadmap and leading architects, engineers, and designers to ship API products that delight customer and partners. Day to day activities include market research, communicating product opportunities, negotiating scopes, and analyzing success metrics. Successful candidates will have three main traits: product sense, leadership, and the ability to get things done. They'll also be technical enough to truly understand where the complexity in features lies and to anticipate obstacles in the development process.
- 4+ years of experience with Software-as-a-Service.
- 2+ years of API product management experience
- Understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Experience of working with 3rd party developers and IT organizations at large companies
- BS/BA or higher
- Demonstrated knowledge of gathering user requirements and creating product roadmaps.
- Disciplined organization skills with acute attention to detail and ability to ask the questions nobody else has asked
- Proven analytical skills and superior ability to use data to drive decision-making and feature prioritization
- Driver - “get it done” personality. Able to balance multiple projects and follow through on plans
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Experience managing project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in a structured way
- Experience working in a face-paced enterprise technology environment
- Drive the evolution of the API platform within larger architecture, product design and planning processes
- Represent customer and partner API requirements to the product and engineering teams
- Develop end to end user stories and acceptance criteria to inform the developer experience
- Craft product roadmaps by gathering input from customers, partners, and other consumers of public APIs
- Manage the trade-offs or build, buy or partner decisions and work with engineering to establish and deploy the right approach to executing on the API strategy
- Drive consensus and articulate initiative recommendations and trade-offs to leadership team and stakeholders while also being able to interface with technical audiences at varying levels
- Work hands-on with engineering, and marketing teams to prioritize, scope, ship, iterate features
- Define and analyze key metrics that will inform decision making and measure success of product initiatives
- Communicate strategy, plans, progress and scorecard to leadership and cross functional teams
- Lead the GTM process for API material and collaborate with Product Marketing, Services to achieve internal readiness and launch objectives