Director of Engineering
SF, NYC, DEN, or Remote (within the US)
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations and has been foundational in the development of new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including Microsoft, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering for our Developer Platform group. This person will oversee multiple teams of engineers building our integration platform and API product. The mission of this group is to enable our customers to develop seamless integrations and interact with Percolate’s systems programmatically. This person will oversee building and executing a product roadmap with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams. They will inspire, motivate, and drive their teams to deliver a world-class Developer Experience. They will oversee, in conjunction with their teams, the technical direction of the Integration Platform and the API, and set a technical vision for the team and contribute to Engineering wide initiatives across other teams.
Engineering at Percolate
- We care about quality engineering. Take the time to do it right, the first time.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- We care about our people. You’ll find a healthy, professional work environment, where you can rely on your teammates to help you out, pick you up when you fall, and give you a “win” when you’ve done something awesome.
- We care about realistic goal setting and a focus on constant improvement. If you’re not getting better over time, you’re not reaching your potential.
- Our team has people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles — we aim to be a place for anyone to contribute and be supported.
- We are Remote Friendly - Percolate Engineering is a distributed team spread across 5 timezones.
- 5+ years in management and/or leadership responsibilities
- 8+ years in a relevant software engineering role as an individual contributor
- Proven strengths in architecting, designing, and developing APIs and accompanying service architecture in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with relational databases (mySQL, Postgres), real-time data pipelines (Kafka), and web API standards
- Effective people skills to hire, mentor, and inspire a team of engineers, including leading and mentoring other managers
- Track record of delivering value to the business and negotiating across teams and departments to get the right solutions built correctly
- Experience in AWS (preferred) or similar cloud environments (Azure, GCP)
- Experience managing a distributed team in multiple locations
- Manage multiple teams of approximately 15 developers building a Developer Platform for customers
- Motivate, inspire, and empower the teams to be high performing
- Own the technical direction of the teams and contribute towards architecture decisions at the department level
- Work across Product, Engineering, and Design to plan a roadmap and deliver against it
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends and be able to report on their fitness for meeting business needs
- Be hands-on in technical decisions and potentially contribute code