Engineering Manager, Analytics
New York or Denver or San Francisco
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including Microsoft, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Analytics team. Our analytics system is critical to helping our customers answer pertinent questions about how their marketing activities are performing, as well as how effective their teams are at execution, collaboration, and on-time delivery. This role will be responsible for leading the team to build a large-scale, near real-time data pipeline, connecting Percolate’s data with our analytics partners, including 3rd party BI systems.
Engineering at Percolate
- We care about quality engineering. Take the time to do it right, the first time.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- We care about our people. You’ll find a healthy, professional work environment, where you can rely on your teammates to help you out, pick you up when you fall, and give you a “win” when you’ve done something awesome.
- We care about realistic goal setting and a focus on constant improvement. If you’re not getting better over time, you’re not reaching your potential.
- Our team has people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles — we aim to be a place for anyone to contribute and be supported.
- We are Remote Friendly - Percolate Engineering is a distributed team spread across 5 time zones.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering management and leadership role
- 5+ years in a relevant software engineering role as an individual contributor
- Experience with complex data modeling and permission structures
- Experience with relational databases (mySQL, Postgres), and real-time data pipelines (Kafka) is strongly preferred
- Experience and knowledge working with AWS and services or similar cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Experience working with analytics products is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and directly manage a distributed team of approximately 4 engineers
- Own both the overall technical direction and implementation of your team’s roadmap
- Hire, scale and unblock the team to meet all current and anticipated challenges
- Coach and mentor engineers and other managers to be more effective and successful
- Work collaboratively across the Engineering and Product teams to increase engineering efficiency, productivity, and happiness
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends and be able to report on their fitness for meeting business needs