Backend Engineer, Engineering Effectiveness
Since 2011, Percolate has addressed the enormous challenges presented by enterprise marketing operations, and has been foundational in the development of new categories of marketing technology - Content Marketing Platforms (CMP) and Marketing Resource Management (MRM).
Percolate has been recognized as the only consensus leader in these emerging categories by analyst firms like Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions - a growing space that represents more than $4 billion in potential annual revenue.
Today, Percolate serves over 600 brands. Some of the world’s largest companies — including Microsoft, Cisco, Cigna, Electronic Arts, and Bosch — use Percolate to help them deal with one of the fundamental challenges facing all marketers - orchestrating their marketing processes and enabling the best possible customer experiences.
As a Backend Engineer within Engineering Effectiveness, you will shape and refine the processes and tools to support a healthy, productive, and enjoyable way of iterating on and delivering code at Percolate. You will be integral in identifying improvements in our development and delivery life cycle. You will leverage relevant technologies to build tools and platforms to facilitate the improvements. You will collaborate with engineers across multiple teams to iterate on and drive the adoption of the tools and platforms you build.
Engineering at Percolate
- We care about quality engineering. Take the time to do it right, the first time.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- We care about our people. You’ll find a healthy, professional work environment, where you can rely on your teammates to help you out, pick you up when you fall, and give you a “win” when you’ve done something awesome.
- We care about realistic goal setting and a focus on constant improvement. If you’re not getting better over time, you’re not reaching your potential.
- Our team has people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and lifestyles — we aim to be a place for anyone to contribute and be supported.
- We are Remote Friendly - Percolate Engineering is a distributed team spread across 5 timezones.
- 2+ years in a software engineering role
- Pragmatic approach to software development and working understanding of Python or Golang
- Strong documentation, collaboration, and communication skills
- Exposure to working with Linux systems and virtualized environments (AWS, GCE)
- Comfortable with command line interfaces and Git
- Shape and refine the processes and tools to support a healthy, productive, and enjoyable way of iterating on and delivering code at Percolate.
- Design and build services, tools, and platforms to improve velocity, leveraging tools like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify pain points in their development and deployment processes.
- Promote adoption of new technology and tooling within the engineering organization through education.